Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Very Sad Day, with Happy Reunions, Auburn, CA

The church was full as people gathered to say good-bye to Sonja, a loving mom of my childhood friend Mari (pictured far right). My memories of Sonja are woven throughout my elementary school years and I am especially thankful for the time she took to organize and, along with a half dozen other moms, taxi a full car of us kids to and from school everyday! After our tears flowed, I had an opportunity to see childhood friends I had not seen in too many years.
I reminisced with my 1st grade teacher who has aged very gracefully in the past 30 years since I was in her class,

and caught up with my 6th grade teacher who is just as beautiful as ever.

The happiness of attending and connecting comforts the grief of loss.

No comments: