Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Run, Montana de Oro State Park, San Luis Obispo County

Case and I got up bright and early Valentines morning for Case to participate in a trail run at Montana de Oro State Park along the San Luis Obispo Coast. Events included a wide range of distances from 8k to 50k.
Case decided to participate in the 8k event. (ck: No one who knows me will be surprised; I went for the 8k only because there was no 1k scooter riding event. Might not have gotten up the energy to do the 8k, but some of my staff invited me to join them. And then they went and slept in, claiming sore muscles and tendons. Slackers!!!!). Waiting for the start, he keeps Jolene company while he keeps warm in the car.
While Case ran, Jolene enjoyed the beautiful outdoor sights, smells, and sounds while reclining (per dr's instructions) in the car. It's nice to get out!
Along the coast...

the uphill...
a self portrait on the fly...
some downhill....
and the finish area. Nice run! Next time maybe Jolene will be able to participate too!
(ck: You notice how virtually all the photos are of the backs of all the people ahead of me? I shot some good ones over my shoulder, showing the empty trail behind me, but Jolene tactfully left those out! I could have shot a few of the 5% body fat 50k contestants; they were amazing! And once the starter pistol sounded, they were also gone!)

Jolene's portion of Valentines day included a tour of the maternity ward, OR, and NICU of Sierra Vista Hospital in San Luis Obispo where the twins will be born .... along with a stop at Harry and David's for tasty treats including Royal Riviera pears. While being pregnant Jolene's fresh fruit cravings have been stronger than ever!

No comments: