Saturday, May 19, 2007

Riding around Dongen, Holland

A happy man with the wind in his hair!

Shooting blindly over his shoulder... "I am a little more to your left, and up a bit more!!"

"Here I am." Pretty good for a blind, over the shoulder shot while riding his bike ahead of me!


From Case:
Jolene is a very good sport. I've been trying my usual trick of "following my nose" for navigation on our outings. It doesn't work so well in Holland. There are too many canals-enclosed neighborhoods with only one road in/out.
It took us 1.5 hours to drive to Keukenhof Gardens following the map, and 3 hours to come back following my nose. And even then, I had to look at the map! (It didn't help that I thought "doorgang verkeer" probably meant "no outlet", when it really means "through traffic"!) The bike ride went similarly.
But Jolene comes gamely along for the ride, and only teased me a little about all the U-turns.
I do better elsewhere. Honest! (That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.)

No comments: